Just finished my pumpkin baskets, and I'm linking up to a few craft parties today...
I have to say that these were by far the easiest and fastest project that I have taken on in awhile!! :) Of course, after the highchair, I think just about anything is easier and faster... But the window boxes have been pretty time-consuming too!
I started out with the two mum baskets from the large mums, which I re-potted.
I picked up some acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby in Harvest Orange and green, and then I started painting! :)
I used two coats of the orange because the baskets seemed to absorb a lot of the first coat...
Then I painted a little green to give them the "rustic pumpkin" look.
I used a Sharpie paint pen and printed off a face template to use as a stencil for the faces... However, it didn't work out very well, so I free-handed most of the face. I also decided that we didn't need two "face pumpkins," so I painted the "BOO" on the other one.
Then the hubby helped me cut some wood for the stems. I painted them brown (and distressed them a little), hot glued them on, then added a little twine... And voila! :)
Very inexpensive, and oh-so easy! :)